The Prospect is open again!
The State of California has ended the Stay Home Order and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy, which included restrictions on physical distancing, capacity limits, and the county tier system.
This allows us to use our theatre to full capacity and we can meet and perform inside!
We will retain some COVID safety measures for the foreseeable future to protect the health of all our community members:
- Children under 12 are required to wear masks at all times within the studio.
- CalOSHA advises, and we expect, all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated.
- Staff interacting directly with guests will remain masked.
- We follow guidelines for cast and crew established by the American Guild of Musical Artists and the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society, as well as CAL OSHA. At this time, vaccination is required to audition and to be cast in Steve Martin’s The Underpants — as it was for The History of King Lear. We will continue to monitor these guidelines and adapt as the situation demands.
AT THIS TIME, masks are required for guests and audience members at these performances:
- The History of King Lear July 23 – Aug 1
- The Underpants September 17-26
We will assess our COVID safety measures regularly and adjust accordingly, including the way we handle distancing and masking measures for individual events.
The past 15 months have been unpredictable – things can change quickly. We hope they will change for the better, and we plan to do our part!
Thank you for supporting the theater, and for supporting our community as we all reemerge.