Prospect Theater Project Announces Open Auditions
Prospect Theater Project will hold auditions for its two upcoming productions on Saturday, May 23rd from 10am-6pm. Available roles are outlined below. The rehearsal process for PTP productions lasts approximately 4-5 weeks, and performances run for 4 weekends. Out of town actors are paid a modest gas stipend and all actors receive a free season subscription.
Auditions will be held at Prospect Theater Project located at 520 Scenic Drive in Modesto. To schedule an audition or get more information, please email email@example.com
Actors should bring a resume and a headshot, and be prepared for cold readings. A short monologue is recommended.
This Day and Age by Nagle Jackson
Performances July 10th – August 2nd, 2009
Rehearsals to begin June 2009.
Two available roles:
- Marjorie — 60’ish, mother of two adult children, very comfortable with herself.
- Brian — 40-50’ish, British, Margaret’s son-in-law, classical music radio announcer (somewhat “plummy” voice preferable)
Moon for the Misbegotten by Eugene O’Neil
Performances September – October 2009
Rehearsals to begin August 2009
Five available roles:
- Jim Tyrone (male, mid-30s-40s) Tortured, misbegotten lost sheep. An actor. Wealthy, guilt-ridden, sardonic, charming, drinks a lot, in sore need of redemption.
- Josie Hogan (female, late 20s to 40) Describes herself disparagingly as a “great cow of a woman”, earthy, maternal, emotionally direct, with an intimidating presence. pretends to be hard, coarse, and “one of the guys”?but in truth is winsome, vulnerable, naive, and nurturing.
- Phil Hogan (male, mid 50s-60s). Josie’s father. Cunning, fun loving, hotheaded, comic, blue collar. Of Irish stock . Phil spends much of the play drunk or pretending to be drunk.
- Mike Hogan (male, early 20s) Josie’s youngest brother. Frequently referred to by the other characters as “moral” and “self-righteous”, and is genuinely a good person.
- T. Steadman Harder (male, 20-30s). A wealthy, uppity, detestable landowner. Disdainful, entitled, easily shocked, is not genuinely a good person, and is comically eviscerated by Phil and Josie. A straw dog, all bark no bite.